To focus security resources effectively, an organization needs to establish a policy and procedure set that ensures the compliance with Industry, Federal or International standards while not detracting from the reliability, integrity, and confidentiality of the information it uses. DPS understands that a comprehensive set of security policies and programs must align with your organization’s mission, goals, and objectives.
DPS addresses all required levels of your organization and all elements of its assets to improve the robustness of your overall technology architecture. To do this, we apply guidelines from the Federal Information Systems Control Manual (FISCAM) to ensure your policies and programs address:
- Continuous assessment of risk
- Documenting an entity-wide security program plan
- Establishing security management structure and clearly assigning security responsibilities
- Implementing effective security-related personnel policies
- Monitoring the security program’s effectiveness and make changes as necessary
- Greatly reduced risk of security breaches
- Compliance with all industry, regulatory, Federal and international standards
- Implemented proven cyber security measures
- Detailed and effective policies and procedures relevant to all areas of the organization
- Increased awareness of cyber security issues and preventive measures
- Policy development and implementation — develops and implements essential cyber security policies.
- Program development and implementation — develops and implements essential cyber security procedures for supporting the associated policies.
- Policy and program evaluation and adjustment — evaluates cyber security policies and procedures and adjusts both materials and implementation to make each more effective in securing the organization and its assets.